Creating a Safe Environment (CaSE) is a ministry by the Diocese of Rochester to protect youth and vulnerable adults. All volunteers at St. Katharine Drexel Parish who work with these individuals participate in CaSE and are committed to their safety. CaSE-trained volunteers are background checked, trained to recognize signs of abuse, and agree to a Code of Conduct that promotes healthy boundries between ministers and the vulnerable.
- DOR Parent Newsletter: Published quarterly, this newsletter contains safety information and recommendations for parents on real-world issues ranging from bullying to cell phones and recognizing predators.
- DOR Office of Safe Environment: More information on Creating a Safe Environment can be found here.
Volunteers with youth or vulnerable adults: click the links below to download all the appropriate documents to complete your CaSE requirements.
- Volunteer Driver Form
- Only volunteers who will be driving children or vulnerable adults on behalf of the parish need to complete the form. Volunteer drivers must complete this check annually.
- Background Check Notification & Authorization for Volunteers
- All adults who volunteer with children or vulnerable adults must consent to a background check by completing this form and returning it to the parish office. The results of the check are completely confidential, and not seen by any staff or community members of St. Katharine Drexel Parish. Teens aged 13-17 do not need to complete this form.
- Volunteer Code of Conduct for Minors
- This Code of Conduct must be signed by all teens age 13-17 who volunteer with children or vulnerable adults. It lists guidelines for volunteers to help maintain appropriate boundaries and develop positive ministerial relationships.
- Volunteer Code of Conduct for Adults 2018
- This Code of Conduct must be signed by all adults age 18 and over who volunteer with children or vulnerable adults. It lists guidelines for volunteers to help maintain appropriate boundaries and develop positive ministerial relationships.
- Online CASE Instructions for Volunteers
- These instructions walk you through how to complete the Creating a Safe Environtment training online. You may complete the training at home and bring your printed quiz results to the parish office. If you are not equipped to access the training at home, or if you need assistance you are welcome to make an appointment with Anne Thomas to complete the training online at the parish office. In-person training is offered annually in the fall. Teens aged 13-17 may only attend the in-person training.